Monday, February 9, 2009

A Gospel Only Skin Deep

I’ll let the following words speak for themselves:

“I believe that God can give us wisdom to get the best skin care products…It’s like you went and got plastic surgery without the pain, without going under the knife….Where’d you get that product ? On the Paula White Show! Now you can be a witness…God gives us tools to be witnesses for his name…God created you perfectly, so you need to take care of your skin. See, Esther was prepared…”

I actually heard those words on The Word Network while my wife was going through the channels on her parent’s TV. We sat and watched in shock.

This particular infomercial included the following tag line at the bottom of the screen:

The Total Solution for younger looking skin. Non-surgical face-lift kit and Paula’s 10 Commandments of Health and Wellness Book for your ministry gift of $59.95. or more!

If you’re looking for a place to drop 60 bucks please let me know. I can come up with a zillion better places for that money to go.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Stuff like this really irritates me! After living my life in close proximity with a couple of "professional" manipulators, I can pretty much spot one from a mile away. So, when I read your post my "manipulator radar" went up. I can't stand it when people try to manipulate others into buying stuff. If the product is really that good there should be no need to manipulate right? When people try the Biblical guilt-trip con I'd really like to... well... let 'em have it somehow...

So, do they punish people via cane-ing and flogging in Croatia? I'm thinking that form of consequence might just work in some situations. Here I am wanting to play God again... silly me.

Laci and Keri Németh said...

1. We WANT ENOH back... he was more fun... :)

2. Man I heard a great story... My Friends brother is attending a Faith CHurch in the US. (Prosperity Gospel)
So now with the whole Recession, all the elders have lost their houses...

Sorry but I was Laughing... THez either do not have faith, Have a secret sin, or they teach a lie.

Non looks good... :)

Lazo