Sunday, April 12, 2009

Resolved

My son blogs. I blog. But my wife won't.

It's not for lack of effort on my part though:

"Petra, why won't you blog?"

"I don't have time"

"C'mon, more people would read yours than mine"

"Who would want to read my blog?"

"Well me, and (trying to be convincing)....well I think there are a lot of people who would read."

"Exactly!" She says noticing my unconvincing way of trying to be convincing.

And so it goes.

But I will share something she shared with me the other day that I thought was profound even though she just shrugged it off.

Petra: "So, what are you going to preach about on Sunday?"

Jeremy (with no idea): "I thought I'd preach on Easter" (which is true, they did ask me to preach on Easter)

P: (without me asking her): "You know what Easter means to me?

J: (no time to answer before she continues)

P: "It's a new beginning. It's the time where I go back to the cross and realize that I have a clean slate, the opportunity to start afresh, and a God in whom there's no condemnation. I can live in light of his forgiveness."

J: "Good stuff, so why don't you preach someday?"

P: "No one's ever asked me."

J: "I've asked you to blog."

P: "'I don't have time."

And so it is.

But what she said made me realize that this is a perfect time to make a resolution. What better day than the day in which we celebrate a restored relationship with God through Jesus Christ?

So my delay in making a New Years resolution was for good. And I am resolved. To do what?

That's for another post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christ is truly amazing, isn't He.
Great post.

Anonymous said...

Laci, Keri, Lea, Lotti, and the 3rd would also read Petra's blog. Keep the good fight brotha :)

Milo Wilson said...

I would read Petra's blog...

I would read Petra's blog on a train
I would read Petra's blog on my phone
I would read Petra's blog on the plane
I would read Petra's blog in my home
I would read Petra's blog on a hike
I would read Petra's blog at the zoo
I would read Petra's blog on a my bike
I would read Petra's blog wouldn't you?


I would read Petra's blog so much, that I wouldn't have time to read this blog!