Thursday, September 10, 2009

No Smoking - A Thing of the Past

I walked into a Croatian restaraunt the other day. With hardly a sniff, I felt like I was transported all the way back to...4 months ago.

Bravo Croatia! You were the only Balkan country to ban indoor smoking. Who cares if it only lasted through the summer? With hardly a thought to how it would affect local bars and restaraunts you pioneered an effort to lower the number of smokers in your country. You made a statement to the nonsmokers (the majority of the country) by showing respect for their desire for clean air. You even distinguished yourself as a country who would comply with this EU standard even if you weren't completely on board with other European Union requirements.

I applaud your efforts Croatia.

Too bad the temperature dip, the subsequent move inside and the drop in sales forced your efforts to go up in smoke.

Can't say I'm surprised.

No comments: