Thursday, August 25, 2016

The End of an Era

It's been 10 years since we moved to Croatia, 9 since we began living in Orahovica and 8 since I started this blog.

Of the three, only living in Croatia will remain. Yes, we are moving. We will begin calling Zagreb - the capital of Croatia - home next week.

And so this blog will come to its inevitable end. Over the last few years I have blogged with less frequency. Acclimation to Croatia, more responsibilities and other outlets for writing have rendered it less useful. Its eventual end has been apparent for awhile. After this week it'll be official.

However, the move and decision to end the blog give me a great opportunity to share some final thoughts. Over the next few days, I plan to post daily. These posts will be influenced most by the events of this summer and our move.

This blog has provided me the opportunity to process a lot of what I was going through during my first years in Croatia. Although it has lost its importance to me, I value reading what I wrote in the past. I hope this last series will provide a fitting conclusion to a project that has helped me at first articulate, and later remember, important events and thoughts throughout our first decade in Croatia.

The picture below is of a chapel near where my family has vacationed for the last 10 summers. Kukljica is where the blog began and where it is ending.

St. Jerome's chapel, Kukljica Croatia

1 comment:

Milo Wilson said...

I will miss reading your posts jeremy! I love that chapel